Thursday, May 22, 2014

Problems already.

It told me Alpo was "too short". 

Therealalpo was "already taken". 

I gave Google my own name, which I hate to do, because it was supposed to be for email.

Now I see it is my user name on this blog.  Can that be changed?

17 comments:

  1. I clicked on your name, but it just brought up google+. Let me do some digging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see any way that I can change that. You might be able to pick a display name without changing to a new account. Or, not. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. One of my gmail addresses is pinecone70, so that's the name that shows. There should be a way to change the name that shows, that's goofy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prossibly because that is where I sent the email invitation.

      Delete
    2. My gmail user name is pinecone70, but the address is porchcat. I don't put my real name on registrations very often, that's probably it, but the name that shows can probably be changed..

      Delete
  4. I just did a google search on "therealalpo" and there are a LOT of them out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They told me I could be therealalpo39. How could I be "The REAL One", if I'm the 39th one? 8-p

    I also just did a search on therealalpo. First page, there's a hit on a page on the Firing Line, where I have NEVER BEEN. But somebody sure put one of MY pictures up there. From my photobucket account. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't me. Remember we had a cycloneman clone, somebody that used the TFF guy's name on TFRT and we all thought it was the same guy?

      Delete
  6. Ah, I found it! In gmail, go to settings, then the 'accounts and import' tab, then 'send mail as' and edit to the empty box, type the name in, then check the box and it will save.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you can change it Ron and Piney. (1) Click on your current user name to the left of this screen as it is shown under "Contributors." That will take you to your profile page. (2). In the upper right of that page you will see a button entitled "Edit Profile." Click on that. (3) On the screen that comes up, near the bottom, you will see where your screen name is listed. Simply delete that, type in whatever you want, then click on the save button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see an "edit profile" button.

      In the upper right I got a blue circle with the blue silhouette of a person. I presume I can put Slowpoke there. Then we got a block that says SHARE, a bell, a tic-tac-toe board labeled APPS and something that says +RON.

      Under them is another line. This has quotes in a circle, marked HANGOUTS, and two people, marked ADD PEOPLE.

      Don't see any EDIT, though.

      Delete
  8. Do what Pistol said....try "Alporoundtable " ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could always change it to "AlpoQuestion" :)

    By the way, welcome to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ron, try clicking on your name as it is shown in any one of the posts you've already made. That will take you to the same place. You should see a button in more or less the upper right part of that screen that says "Edit Profile." If you click on that, it will show various items such as your name etc. Toward the bottom of that listing, it shows your current screen name. You can change it there, then save.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I can post pictures here, so I put one of what I'm seeing (screen capture) at the Round Table. Maybe you can take a look and see what I don't?

      Delete
  11. I notice that you are the only one of us registered under google+, rather than as "blogger" I wonder if you might have to go to your google+ account to make that change.

    ReplyDelete