A blog for those of us who will miss the original TFRT. Contact a TFRT moderator for an invitation.
Also see the NEW : http://thefirearmslounge.freeforums.net
Friday, May 23, 2014
Permissions
I have us set up right now as members only can see us. Should we change that to public for awhile? Or, wait a bit? Or keep it private, by invitation only?
Pops
I don't know Pops ..I may temporarily go to "public" for testing only...as I have several smiley scripts not working and it may be a permissions issue...?
Besides....being with google...we are on the NSA (OP Prism) top of the list anyway...ha ha
And...may be good for some jerk to stumble in...so we can have Pinecone get the mallet out.....!
Long as you have to join to post...and no ads....Public will be OK....?
Signed out and surfed in fresh...can read...but can't post without a sign in...with sign in from several account providers in a drop down list....so if any guest posts...we will have their info....etc...
I do have it set up so search engines can't see us (so they say) If public lets people see us but not post, that should keep the trolls at bay for awhile. Because membership is by invitation only, that should keep the bridge-lurkers down to a dull roar.
Well it appears that it let me in so there goes the neighborhood. Don't see how to publish but can answer posts. Good for now at least I know where people are and can contact when needed. I like the idea of private/invitation only,course now I am selfish. Thanks Pops.
I would stay private a while...
ReplyDelete:)
I don't know Pops ..I may temporarily go to "public" for
ReplyDeletetesting only...as I have several smiley scripts not working
and it may be a permissions issue...?
Besides....being with google...we are on the NSA (OP Prism)
top of the list anyway...ha ha
And...may be good for some jerk to stumble in...so we can have
Pinecone get the mallet out.....!
Long as you have to join to post...and no ads....Public will
be OK....?
OK Pops...I went public...
ReplyDeleteSigned out and surfed in fresh...can read...but can't post
without a sign in...with sign in from several account providers in a drop
down list....so if any guest posts...we will have their info....etc...
1shot
I'd keep it private, Pops, at least for the time being. Trolls we don't need!
ReplyDeleteI do have it set up so search engines can't see us (so they say) If public lets people see us but not post, that should keep the trolls at bay for awhile. Because membership is by invitation only, that should keep the bridge-lurkers down to a dull roar.
ReplyDeleteWell it appears that it let me in so there goes the neighborhood. Don't see how to publish but can answer posts. Good for now at least I know where people are and can contact when needed. I like the idea of private/invitation only,course now I am selfish. Thanks Pops.
ReplyDelete