A blog for those of us who will miss the original TFRT. Contact a TFRT moderator for an invitation. Also see the NEW : http://thefirearmslounge.freeforums.net
Thursday, May 29, 2014
My 10u baseball team
Well, ouir first All-Star game is tonight, if we can outrun the storms. Though we are not strong by any means, we have some experience playing together from last year, so we have the potential to be a good defensive team. If our hitters can produce, we might become a nice team, time will tell. I am neither confident, or apprehensive, but optimistic. We are a blank page and will write our own story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! I'm optimistic with you; go get 'em!
ReplyDeleteGo Team!
ReplyDeleteGo get 'em Red!
ReplyDeleteBTW, Eddie N here
DeleteHey Eddie! Glad you joined us!
DeleteThanks Piney. I'd miss you all if you suddenly went away.
DeleteWe lost, made three errors in the first 4 batters, went down 3 to nothing and never recovered. We play again Saturday, hopefully we will play better. We had 12 strikeout against us, 3 hits, and 4 runs total. Certainly, we will have to hit better.
DeleteAfter the series, your players will all likely go to a AAA team. ;)
ReplyDeleteWe played again, but lost 9 - 6. We played better, but made way too many errors, mainly because our players aren't getting ready before the ball is pitched. I got into trouble for yelling too much. Actually, I don't feel that I yelled too much, because I was mainly trying to get them ready. But, parents now days are so wrapped up in trying to maintain their kids self-esteem, they get mad at me instead of helping their kid get ready. Now, I'll have to cool down a bit, but hopefully I got their attention, which was what I was going for in the first place. We made at least 7 errors that the scorekeeper wrote down, but we made about 4-5 more by my count. At least 7 runs were unearned, and we made two running blunders that cost us two runs. It all comes down to reducing our errors and staying focused. If we do that, we can win some games.
DeleteYelling?! Wasn't it just loud encouragement?
DeleteThat's what I call it. I am either yelling instructions, or trying to get them to pay attention, but all the parents hear is volume. I call it coaching, they call it criticism.
ReplyDelete