Wednesday, May 28, 2014

How I spent the week off...

Put the car in the shop at the tune of $2K.

I have a 10 y/o KIA Spectra with 68K miles on it. It was in sore need of brakes and the 70K service.

I got new rear brakes, new timing belt, water pump, all fluids replaced, head lights, battery, A/C refrigerant replaced, hoses, and all other belts. Tires rotated, nail removed and CV joints inspected.

In the mean time I BBQ'd up a storm.

There's meat in the freezer and the car should be good for another 10 years.

Not bad for a week off.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes. I always get unhappy when I have high-dollar car repairs (or other vehicles..) but have no trouble buying things I want for the same amount. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way I look at it is I pretty much have another car that will last me 10 more years. It runs like a Swiss watch and the only thing I have to do is put tires on it and change the oil. I call that a bargain for $2K.

    I did get a letter from the local KIA dealer today with a 3900 dollar trade in offer. Pfftt... Why would I want another car payment for 5 years? The service bill will be paid off in 2 weeks and then it's clear sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's weird when they're looking for trades and have to send out letters to try to entice people. Your car has pretty low mileage, too.

    ReplyDelete