Monday, June 23, 2014

A chuckle for LT

I monitor the local MACC (Multi-Agency communications) some and heard something yesterday you might chuckle over.

MACC: "Missing person, female, 2 year old, Last seen walking along (city street) towards (interstate highway) Blonde, brown shorts, no top."

Local police responded. State Patrol responded. Sheriff's Deputies responded. Local neighborhood watch responded. Nearby school yard maintenance responded. About 15 minutes later, MACC refreshed the alert:

MACC: "Original 911 caller heard the alert on her scanner and called in a correction. Missing female is eighty two years old. That is EIGHT TWO for subject's age. Repeat: EIGHT TWO - eighty two."
:D

Pops

10 comments:

  1. LOL. I've heard that before, but quite the same circs!

    In the jurisdiction I previously worked in, it wasn't unusual to get calls from a couple of hotel swimming pools of topless sunbathers due to the large number of European tourists that would come through.

    I always felt safe on those calls because I always had back-up from the local S.O., CHP, Fish and Wildlife, USFS LEO's, and animal control. My biggest fear was getting in a T/C with all the responding units! ~;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typing too quick, meant to say: I've heard that before but NOT quite the same circs. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Years ago, Readers Digest. Some guy had a store at the beach, and had a sign in the window. "No charge for topless girls". No one took him up on it. Until one day a five-year-old girl came in, wearing just a bathing suit bottom, with a list.

    Mama was smart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does everyone have to prove they are not a robot for EACH POST? What the hell?

      Delete
  4. "Does everyone have to prove they are not a robot for EACH POST? What the hell?"

    Ron, not if I sign in to my google account. Might be a site registration issue?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ron, I'm not sure why that would be. I've not had any problem, but I usually sign in with my gmail account. I'll try it with my other account and see what comes up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I'm back as not gmail registrant. Let's see what this one does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope on asking for anything to accept my post.
    One thought, are you on the page that has the tan background or on the page that lists all the stats and stuff? If there is a click upper left that says view blog, click that and see if your powers change.
    Another thing to look at is upper right to see if there is a "sign in" click up there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ron, I think I know what is happening. I just looked at the membership list and you are not listed. If I remember correctly, you used a different name over on TFRT forum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sign in with your gmail account instead of your google+ account and that will change.

    ReplyDelete